Optio provides cost-effective collections for the energy and utilities industry on local, regional and national levels for consumer and commercial accounts. The company’s expertise in financial services and brand protection — in conjunction with state-of-the-art technology, air-tight security and full legal compliance — enable it to recover a spectrum of utility debt while enhancing consumer retention.
Recognizing the special circumstances of utility and energy providers, Optio stays current with the latest trends and functions as an extension of a company’s interests. Compliance-certified professionals advocate for clients with the highest integrity while ensuring an exceptional no-pressure experience for consumers.
This finesse is especially meaningful to the socio-economic-geographical demands placed upon utility companies. Metropolitan areas with high renter concentrations are vulnerable to consumers getting behind on utility payments. Furthermore, a great debt collections partner understands the importance of heating and cooling moratoriums when services cannot be terminated due to non-payment.
Other challenges entail understanding how to handle grace periods, government assistance programs, special needs customers (chronically or seriously ill, disabled, life support), disconnection-reconnection procedures, linking new charges to existing accounts, and changes to account titles or locations.
Utilities searching for a new or replacement debt collector will receive increased cash flow, enhanced consumer relationships, and around-the-clock access to secure account information.
Services for the Energy Industry
- Gas and electric
- Water and sewer
- Trash and recycling
Optio Collection Features
- Technology — Advanced hosted dialer technologies, skip tracing and interactive voice response technology (IVR) to deliver industry leading results. A leading revenue recovery technology provider platform optimizes business-rule automations by managing how and when to make compliant contact with consumers.
- Security — Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard PCI DSS 3.2, compliance with SSAE 16 SOC I Type II, 24-hour CCTV security, strict badge-only access, employee background checks and drug screenings.
- Brand Protection — A consumer-centric approach using consumer surveys increases brand equity and safeguards against negative media coverage.
- Compliance is maintained with ACA Certified Credit and Collection Compliance Officers, ACA certified collectors and a legal team.
- Quality Assurance — A stand-alone QA department monitors calls daily via systematic scoring and grading.
- Certification — SSAE 16 SOC I Type II audited financial reporting and Professional Practices Management System by ACA International (only 1% of US debt collection agencies have earned this distinction).
Benefits of Partnering with Optio
- Early-out pre-disconnect campaigns (live agent and/or automated voice messaging)
- Energy assistance application
- Emergency outage hotlines
- Enhanced client-consumer relationships
- Audited financial reporting
- 24/7/365 access to secure account information