Optio offers debt collection services to clients in the healthcare industry with a solid foundation in financial services, cutting-edge technology, experience with healthcare consumers, and a distinguished history of addressing compliance and debtor confidentiality.
Optio is especially adept at medical collections where higher deductibles create greater balances, practices often procrastinate collection issues, and patients often misunderstand their contractual obligations.
The collections process begins with Patient Financial Counselors who are trained in all legal requirements using advanced technology and compliance to address client needs.
The agency extends a hand to patients at the earliest stage of their delinquency, helping to solve small problems before they fester into large ones. Applying a consumer-centric approach, Optio collectors receive the maximize recovery rates while maintaining a positive and professional relationship between clients and their consumers.
Debt Collection for Healthcare
- Claims Follow-Up
- Secondary Insurance
- Patient Balances
- Third-Party Liability
- Extended Business Office
- Payment Monitoring
- Pre-Collection Programs
- Billing Services Division
Optio Collection Features
- Healthcare information privacy is ensured by complying with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), a federal law that established rules about who can view and receive healthcare records.
- Technology — Advanced hosted dialer technologies, skip tracing and interactive voice response technology (IVR) to deliver industry leading results. A leading revenue recovery technology provider platform optimizes business-rule automations by managing how and when to make compliant contact with consumers.
- Security — Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard PCI DSS 3.2, compliance with SSAE 16 SOC I Type II, 24-hour CCTV security, strict badge-only access, employee background checks and drug screenings.
- Brand Protection — A consumer-centric approach using consumer surveys increases brand equity and safeguards against negative media coverage.
- Compliance is maintained with ACA Certified Credit and Collection Compliance Officers, ACA certified collectors and a legal team.
- Quality Assurance — A stand-alone QA department monitors calls daily via systematic scoring and grading.
- Certification — SSAE 16 SOC I Type II audited financial reporting and Professional Practices Management System by ACA International (only 1% of US debt collection agencies have earned this distinction).
Benefits of Partnering with Optio
- Increased collection rates while reducing staff time and paperwork
- Specialized experience and accreditation
- Enhanced client-consumer relationships
- Audited financial reporting
- 24/7/365 access to secure account information