Since 1939, the Association of Credit and Collection Professionals (ACA International) has worked to enhance debt collection agency performance through comprehensive education, training, events and publications. ACA International members located across the globe will assemble at the Omni Nashville Hotel in Nashville, Tenn. for the 2018 ACA International Convention & Expo on July 23 – 25. The association’s “greatest showcase for educational sessions” will provide accounts receivable management professionals with tools and resources for professional development and agency support.
Debt Collection Agency Education
Education will consist of add-on seminars, general seminars, industry advancement updates on select issues, specialized seminars following a legal track, and a round table presented by industry experts. Seminars will begin Sunday July 22 with a one-day training add on seminar titled “ACA’s Professional Practices Management System (PPMS)” and conclude Wednesday July 25 with a round table discussion on operational improvements for collector closing rates and increasing average payments. The program also offers opportunities for peer-to-peer learning.
Attendees may check in for registration from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Following the Council of Delegates Breakfast & Meeting, the add-on seminar “Exceptional Leadership” will present effective leadership principles for professionals in management and executive positions. New unit leaders are invited to attend the Unit Leaders Networking Lunch and the informal “Unit Leaders – New Leader Training” session. ACA International welcomes all attendees to the following events:
- First Timers Reception — A networking event with an overview of the convention.
- Welcome Reception & Expo Grand Opening — The official opening of the expo hall with a hosted bar and hors d’oeuvres.
- “Life’s a Journey … Live in wonder: Building a Bridge Between the Ordinary, the Extraordinary and the Legendary” — Opening general session by author and speaker Eric Saperstein who will uncover common personality traits and strategies used by “the most powerful people in the world.”
- Dinner with Strangers — Debt collection agency professionals dine with six to eight other attendees who meet at a surprise location.
Legal track sessions begin July 24. A sampling of topics includes compliance management related to reporting and skip tracing, defending and preventing collection notice lawsuits, and state debt collection laws. The interactive session “Compliance Trivia” will challenge professionals to test their knowledge of current compliance issues facing the industry.
General sessions will focus on a variety of subjects from creating a viable disaster recovery plan to how each debt collection agency can engage and motive its entire workforce. A panel of State Collection Agency Board representatives will deliver updates on state legislative and regulatory issues and explain how attendees can become more involved in “State Regulatory Update.”
The final day of the 2018 ACA International Convention & Expo will consist of 15 sessions preceded by a general session and Breakfast Awards. Legal track sessions will explore reasonable investigations under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), emerging technologies in collection communications, “four litigation maneuvers pushing consumer attorneys from offense to defense,” and the relationship between in-house and external counsel.
Some general session titles include:
- Blocked Calls, Revoked Consent and More: Current Issues in Telecommunications Compliance
- Turning Point: Uncovering the Unique Opportunities and Hidden Pitfalls of Collection Leaders in Transition
- Best Kept Sales Secrets for Today’s Healthcare Market Penetration
- The Days of Letters & Phone Calls Are Over: Embracing New Communication Methods
- Do Different Generations Require Different Collection Techniques?
ACA International encourages all collection industry professionals regardless of member status to attend the association’s annual convention. Attendees can expand individual industry knowledge and establish professional connections. Interested parties may register here.
Optio solutions is a best-in-class debt collection agency and a member of ACA International. Our agency expertly serves clients through solid collection strategies, leading technologies, industry expertise, and a strong commitment to compliance with multiple Credit and Collection Compliance Officers and a legal team certified by ACA international. Businesses that are considering hiring or adding an agency can contact Optio today for a free consultation.