The primary responsibility of the Consumer Relations Lead (CRL) is to train and assign work to collectors, review and evaluate work performed, develop collectors through one on one coaching, phone monitoring and auditing, and coordinate assigned collection activity for Optio Solutions in accordance with applicable laws, company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete opening and closing facility checklist as determined by Management.
- Train and develop Consumer Relations Representatives through one on one coaching, escalated call handling, phone monitoring and audits.
- Resolve individual debtor situations and dispute resolution in accordance with FDCPA guidelines, various regulatory agencies and state and local laws.
- Assign work to Consumer Relations Representatives, review and evaluate work performed, and coordinate assigned collection activity to ensure collection goals are met.
- Train and coach team members.
- Meet quality standards and metrics.
- Analyze potential disputes and recommend courses of action as determined by Management.
- Keep abreast of all regulatory compliance requirements related to collecting bad debt.
- Achieve daily/weekly/monthly collection goals as determined by Management.
- Responsible for continuous improvement activities by developing and implementing efficiencies within the department which add value to the process.
- Interact with external customers, business controllers, sales force and customer service and related transactional groups in order to accomplish tasks.
- Accountable for the achievement of key strategic goals and execution of business/operating plans.
- Resolve complex collection issues independently and handle sensitive issues with both external and internal customers within Optio Solutions.
- Monitor Consumer Relation Representatives, resolve escalated collection issues, and take on a leadership role within the collection department.
- Assist with other department duties as directed by Management.
Knowledge and Experience
- No previous experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Basic computer skills
- Solid verbal communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under pressure with strict deadlines
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet goals
- Bilingual a plus
Optio Solutions offers team-oriented departments and a diverse group of friendly, motivated people. We enjoy a business-casual work place, contests, events and more! Optio Solutions offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k) with company match and Holiday/Sick/Vacation pay. EOE
Please use the form below: