The Legal Clerk’s primary purpose is to provide support to the Legal Department’s attorney and paralegal.
- Manage matters placed with outside firms
- Review, process and manage bankruptcy filings, including filing proofs of claim and informing manager of any matters which need attention, such as bankruptcy motions, dismissals on active matters, and claims which may fall outside the scope of bankruptcy
- Prepare legal correspondence
- Open and distribute daily mail
- Process payments received by the Legal Department
- Assist with skip trace on legal files
- Primary responsibility for answering the Legal Department phone and directing calls.
- Assist with preparation and filing of various legal documents and forms
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to meet department attendance requirements
- Ability to work effectively under departmental pressure/stress situations
Education and Experience
- Basic knowledge of and familiarity with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the Company and Legal Department functions
- Administrative Assistant education or training
- Legal office experience preferred
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent English and grammar
- Good mathematical skills, typing and computer skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office programs.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented
- Good English and grammar, math, typing and computer skills
- Maintain confidentiality as outlined in the company’s Confidentiality Agreement
- Work well independently and as part of a team
Optio Solutions offers team-oriented departments and a diverse group of friendly, motivated people. We enjoy a business-casual work place, benefits, contests, events and more! Optio Solutions offers employees Holiday/Sick/Vacation pay. EOE
Apply NOW or visit our website at www.optiosolutions.com to apply and we will reach out to schedule an interview, give us a call at 800-826-9164 to speak with our Recruiting Team.
Please use this form: