Additional privacy policies or practices on our Website (e.g., at the point of payment) shall govern such data collection and use. Please also review our Terms and Conditions which govern the use of our Website.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
Web browsers allow consumers the choice on how personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services are collected. This Website may not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) privacy preferences set in user web browsers.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED, USED
Optio may collect the following types of non-public personal information:
- Identifying information such as name, address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license number and/or other identification numbers.
- Consumer report information, including payment history, collection and judgment history, property ownership and other account information.
- Financial background information relating to the ownership and location of assets, employment history and status, as well as other information relating to financial status.
- Certain information we receive and store, for example, when you access the Website, when you supply information such as your address, phone number, or when you submit information through the feedback portals. You can choose not to provide personal information, however Optio may not be able to provide certain services under those circumstances.
- Cookies sent to your personal computer when you access the Website that specifically identifies the particular browser being utilized. Cookies are used by Optio for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to information tracking on how to improve the services being provided by Optio and tracking user tendencies. If you do not want these cookies to be used in connection with your system, you may set your browser so that cookies are not accepted and you may also set your browser to notify you when your system has received a cookie. However, some Optio features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- IP (Internet Protocol) addresses of computers used to visit this site preserved in the system. In addition, other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site are automatically collected as well.
The non-public personal information Optio collects is obtained from the following sources:
- Information received on application and other forms;
- Information submitted through the Website and feedback portals;
- Information about transactions with Optio or third parties;
- Information received from a consumer reporting agency; and
- Information obtained from public records.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED
Optio may disclose non-public personal information with its subsidiaries, agents, and affiliates.
Optio uses software programs to create summary statistics about marketing efforts, which are used for purposes such as assessing the number of visitors to the different pages of our Website. Your personal information is not revealed in such summaries. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are visiting our Website. We request that you never allow anyone else to have access to your personal account information or leave your computer unattended while visiting our Website.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
- Disclosure in response to the order of a court having jurisdiction to issue such an order or a subpoena issued in connection with proceedings before a federal grand jury;
- Disclosure in accordance with the written instruction of the consumer;
- Disclosure in connection with a transaction initiated by the consumer;
- Disclosure to a business with whom Optio has a trusted relationship for the purpose of processing information on behalf of Optio or an affiliate of Optio, or in furtherance of a transaction initiated by a consumer.
Our Commitment to Protecting the Confidentiality of Personal Consumer Information
We only disclose information as permitted or required by applicable law. We may share information we collect with third parties that provide collection-related services to us.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to protect your information. You may have other privacy protections under state laws.
CONSUMER DEBT COLLECTION DISCLOSURES
Important Information: This communication is from a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose. Please review important state disclosures here: State Disclosures.
Security of this Website is provided through many components:
- Your web browser, which supports 128-bit version of encryption with the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security protocol. (When you visit www.optiosolutions.com, your personal account information is encrypted when transmitted across the Internet).
- The Website is also secured by Equifax Secure Global eBusiness CA-1.
- Global Collection Systems, Inc. has attested to compliance with PCI-DSS Level 2 passing security vulnerability tests.
While Optio incorporates the above safeguards to help protect and secure personal information, we cannot guarantee that data transmitted online, wirelessly or by other electronic means is 100% secure. Any use of our Website and the information provided to us is at the user’s own risk.