The annual Collection and Recovery Solutions (CRS) conference, attended by senior-level creditors, will take place May 6 – 8, 2020 at the Four Seasons in Las Vegas. Attendees will range from those involved in collection, compliance, recovery operations, risk, and strategy from 188 companies and organizations.
CRS is produced by Resource Management Services, a consultant company in recovery and compliance since 1986. Participants can expect a variety of interesting sessions and networking events.
Optio Executive Vice President Todd Volkers and Vice President Ron Roonzani are attending the conference. They are currently setting appointments to meet before, during or after the event to discuss the agency’s individualized collection strategies. The pair have combined experience of over 55 years in the collections industry.
Roonzani has held executive positions with multiple major collection and recovery organizations, and Volkers is currently developing business plans and sales strategies for the contingency-based collections division of Optio.
Pre-Conference | Skip Strategies Sessions
Ken and Bev Evancic of Resource Management Services are conducting this in-depth discussion of skiptracing, taking place Tuesday 1:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Practical operational techniques and how to combine the workforce with the proper technology will be covered. Vendors will be put in the “hot seat” with questions regarding controls, processes, and guarantees. Students of this seminar can learn how to measure success and find an appropriate stopping point. This seminar is geared towards maximizing ROI with skip efforts.
The agenda for these sessions is:
|1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.||The Art of Skip Tracing – Internal, External & Waterfalls|
|2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.||People Resources – Tools, Training & Hiring|
|2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Vendor Hot Seat – Guarantees, Controls & Processes|
|3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.||Break|
|3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Outsourcing to 3rd Party Vendors|
|4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Utilizing People and Technology to Locate Collateral|
|4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.||Locating Assets|
|5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.||Measurement, ROI & When to Stop|
This pre-conference session is included with CRS attendee registration.
Millennial Peer Group
This peer group is defined as people who “meet the age requirements of a Millennial, or think like a Millennial, or just have an interest in Millennials”.
Topics presented are:
- Millennial Career Paths
- Encouraging Millennials in Your Organizations
- Communication with Millennials
- Communicating on the “Work/Life Balance” Conundrum
- Communication with Different Generations
- Paying Off Student Loan Debt
- Demystifying and Debunking Some of the Millennial Myths
- Social Media in the Workplace
- Reaching Millennials.
Matt Justice, president of Professional Bureau of Collections of Maryland. will facilitate the peer group. He understands millennials from a personal perspective and as a leader of a company with many millennial employees.
Additionally, an associated Millennial Mentoring/Reverse Mentoring program puts mentors and mentees together for a 20-minute session at the Networking Friday Breakfast.
Networking Opportunities at Collections and Recovery Solutions
There are several networking opportunities allowing attendees to relax and enjoy one another’s company. A sampling of them are:
- Poolside Networking Event
- Taking place Wednesday 1 – 3 p.m. at the Four Seasons Pool Cabanas, this is a casual event that may or may not involve an avid game of Marco Polo.
- Networking Lunch
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions is sponsoring a Thursday lunch, designed to allow those in attendance to get to know each other during a gourmet lunch at the Four Seasons. Afterwards, there is dessert in the Expo Hall.
- Networking “Make Your Own Sundaes”
- This delectable networking event happens Thursday, 1 – 1:30 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall. Also sponsored by LexisNexis Risk Solutions, attendees can make their own sundaes.
- Cocktail Reception and Key Boxes
- This event provides the opportunity to check out exhibitor booths. Exhibitors have keys to give out that will open boxes with prizes in it. Those who unlock the box will receive the prize inside.
Optio Solutions provides collections services to a large spectrum of industries, with the use of a compliance management system, collections technology, financial services experience, and data security certifications.
One of 48 companies worldwide to be awarded Professional Practice Management System (PPMS) certification, Optio has call centers in California and North Dakota, with the ability to onboard national clients with ease.
Contact Optio to receive an individualized collection strategy for your organization designed to deliver a favorable return on investment, customer retention, and brand protection.